Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Euphoria

Have had a pain free day!

After my cortisone jabs I had a very bad run with not a lot of relief and was beginning to despair that it was not going to work. But after my physio told me to lay off the exercise regime for a day I did and have been enjoying a day with little to no pain. I cannot even begin to describe the joy of this. For 1 day to feel "normal". So now I am going to do my stretches daily, my swimming alternate days with hopefully a walk on the other days and rotate my strenght building exercises every day and see if I get more relief this way. I even stood in my kitchen all evening and cooked - heaven.

Very happy today and so grateful for a reprieve from pain.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lisa ;) Nice to meet you. I found you by reading your comment over at 'down - to - earth' blog as you responsed to her friend who is trying to plan strategies while coping with her new diagnoses.

    Seems we all share the same friend... Mr. Pain. Wish we could 'unfriend' him. lol.

    I had to re-do my post to you as I had too many typos. lol. I should learn to use the preview before I post.

    That's too bad that your spine fusion isn't working. I can empathize with how your hopes for your future might feel ruined. Maybe yours is just going to take a full year or better to respond. And than bingo, maybe this next spring or summer there will be a huge improvement!

    So glad you got to experience a reprieve the other day! Mark those days on the calendar. It does help you gauge your sense of self.

    how true it is that u wrote about journaling: "it might be tiny but to see some progress makes a lot of difference when you live a life with pain and limitation." That's why I like to mark my good days on the calendar. Only trouble is sometimes it's more hourly than daily, lol.

    And really sorry that some of your friends are no longer seeking you out. It does suck when you feel like you were just "their prop and entertainer". Friends do disappear. Sad as it is. Thank the Lord for the internet, it has saved my sanity at times. A great place to make new friends.

    ReplyDelete