Friday, February 18, 2011

It was fun while it lasted

After my last post, did the bubble burst - Hell yeah!

I have loved having a few days pain free and a few days of being me again and a few days being so high on life. Of course it came to an end, but not in a depressing way, just in a realism kind of a way. The pain returned. It is still managable at the moment, but it came back. I did not overdo it or anything like that, as that is the first thing EVERYONE asks. It is nice to be able to lay blame somwhere, but I had some great days and now I am having some harder days. But it is not like being in the BAD zone, where all you can do is try to use your mind to block out the agony and depression.

My hubby bought back some fab cold virius from Papua New Guinea. He shared it with me, and then then he went back to PNG. Of course he just had a runny nose and sore throat for 2 days, I of course got a full blown cold which within 2 days developed into a chest infection, so now I have added to my medical cocktail, 4 more drugs arhghghh.

I dont get it, I eat a healthy diet, I exercise everyday. I am taking supplements and yet I get everything going and twice as bad as anyone else. It is driving me crazy being sick all the time. And the worst thing is tonight when my good friend called me she said - are you sick again! I just felt like the dumb hypocondriac person that people just roll their eyes at. I am bored of listening to myself. I am trying to hide my bad days and constant sickness from people, but it always hits me so hard people only need to see me or hear my voice to know I am sick AGAIN.

I want to change my speak to say all the time to people how great I am and am feeling, maybe some positive and healthy speak will change the vibes I send out, and maybe I wont go down with the next lurgy to hit town.

Anyway I am on antibiotics and puffa's etc so it should all go away soon. I am just praying the boys don't go down with it, as there is nothing worse that being sick yourself and having kids sick at home too to nuture. Tends to put your own healing on hold for a while. Especially when I am alone again to cope this week. I wonder is it true the saying that goes - a cold is your bodies way of telling you, you just cant cope?

No comments:

Post a Comment