Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Positive Mindset

After waking up in pain this morning and just not being able to get rid of it even after walking, swmming and a physio visit. I just resigned myself to sitting and reading a new book from the library and not doing anything on my to do list today. If illness has taught me anything you have to work with your limitations and not push them.

So I began to read Vistoria Hislops "The Return". I read her first book "The Island" and was totally enthralled, and now I have managed to get all my friends hooked on this author. Anyway it is set in Granada Spain. I was reading it and getting a little distressed and jealous of this young lady wandering the streets exploring Granada and was thinking I want to do that, but then the little voice said I could not sit on the flights for that long, I would not be able to walk that long, how would I survive without my physio and pool, I can't go anywhere anymore, sob story sob story. And then I thought to myself NO, I want to travel again (I used to be quite an extensive traveller) so I have given myself a little pep talk, and told myself that I just need to keep going with my rehab programme, I have to train up my muscles and I need to make sure I get a cortisone jab before I leave for another country and I should be able to manage.

I do believe that although not everything can be healed and not everyone can live painfree, but it is the mindset that matters. Most things could be possible with some hard work and a positive outlook. If you tell yourself you cannot do anything anymore, then you wont, but if you say you can get around it and make it happen, then I believe that you can find a way to make some of it happen.

Happy thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment