Monday, March 14, 2011

Same old same old

Not much has changed for me recently. But at the same time a lot has. I have been very busy moving forward with getting ready to list my farm for sale. Going through all the cupboards getting rid of EVERYTHING. Takes sooo much time, but is also mildly addictive just shedding loads and loads of STUFF.

My pain is manageable, have good days and not so good days.

I painted a room that was desperate for a lick of paint to bring it some life again. I was pretty happy with that, painting a room felt like such an achievement. I am taking it slowly and carefully as I am aware that if I overdo it I could pay dearly for weeks.

I got gastro - that was great (not) and am not going to waste any time on reliving that memory.

I have started a new therapy, a muscle therapy that does deep tissue massage. It is PAINFUL, and I even hit the therapist TWICE when he massaged too hard and I was desperate to stop the pain. Not the sort of pain like the back pain, a whole different pain, still hurts, but there is a good hurt at the end of the ordeal. Came away feeling bruised and exhausted. Did not make any difference to my general pain levels or posture etc, but apparently you have to have at least 4 treatments for it to work. I don't write anything off until I have done it for at least a month - 6weeks, as somethings take some time to adjust to. So fingers crossed this works for me and then I will be flying a plane accross the world advertising for this practise. I have met several people who were due to have the spinal fusions and avoided them after seeing this guy, so I am just praying and begging and sending out every vibe possible to the universe that this is the miracle cure for ME TOO.

I have met enough people through the years to see that miracle cures do happen, I have also had enough conventional therapies/medicines and alternative and just down right weird therapies to also know to take it with a pinch of salt. Give it a go and HOPE, but my expectations remain reasonably neutral until the day I am able to jump with joy and cry Miracle Cure myself.
I remain open and positive always and just hope that this is IT for me and it is MY TURN and I can go on with my life painfree and "normal".

The only really NOT same old same old, has been my husband letting me know he is moving to Singapore for 6 months!!! Hmmm!! He will do 3 weeks there and 1 week home. I have a 6 year old ADHD child and a 10 year old with Fragile X syndrome, being abandoned for 3 weeks of each month is not sounding like something I really really want to do to myself (esp when I am not in peak health - even closely). But it is work and you have to go where the work is these days of the GFC. So we will get by. I am the ultimate "coper", so I will just adjust and cope and of course pray extra hard that all will be good with my health for the next 6 months, and that the kids behave. I said to my husband as long as he realises that the 1 week he is home HE GETS THE KIDS. As by then I will be needing a sanity check. I really admire the partners and families of those in the defence forces, having to be sole carer for months on end without that week break each month AND also knowing that their hubby or partner is in a hostile war torn environment. I would never make it as an army wife.

But I am getting on with my life and so that feels positive. It is down to me to get this place on the market, down to me to be sole carer for my children, down to me to make sure i look after myself and stay healthy. So I have got a lot on my plate, whihc is kind of good, as being really really busy keeps my mind focused on things other than how shitty I am feeling and why did this restricted and painful life have to become mine.

So as the saying goes -"same same, but different". Least my life does not get boring hey!

No comments:

Post a Comment