Monday, March 28, 2011

Doing the CLEAN detox

Day One of Alejandro Jungers "Clean" detox. I am sick of always getting sick with cold after cold and gastros and never feeling 100%. Have decided whilst hubby is overseas and I don't have to cook for him I would get in there and see if I could help myself or at least give me body a fight chance to try and recover itself. Since my spinal surgery I have just not been right. It is just a constant niggle inside of me.

Anyway I will journal my experiences here each day so I have a record of my epic attempt. Usually I last about a day on anything like this, so I am pleased to have made it past dinner at this point without caving in. If you read One Green Generations blog (sorry still not worked out the whole linking thing) she has done this and blogged it and was the inspiration to finally do it.

So here goes - Day One of 21.

Menu, still using up a bit of stuff from the fridge so will have the occasional BAD thing. On the not allowed list which is way too long for my likings is sugar, dairy, honey, chocolate, butter, oats and caffeine along with loads of other stuff, which I will put on here soon.

B'fast: Quinoa with fruit and nuts. Did contain some milk and honey.

Lunch: Fruit crumble. Did contain some sugar.

Dinner: Green power juice.

Snacks: 4 squares of chocolate, 1 nectarine, handful of nuts (brazil & walnut)

Drinks: not enough water, some fresh lemon verbeena tea.

Comments : Feeling hungry. Doing more the elimination than the full on 21 day diet. Well that was the intention, but once I eliminated the danger foods that was a lot of my diet anyway so may as well start the 21 day detox. Feel thirsty. I have already got thrush which seems odd because I have not eaten any baked items using yeasts for over a year. I took photos yesterday afternoon of myself to compare later, but I have not weighed myself because I don't own scales, I just go with the feels tight/feels loose method of weight management.

Even though it has been a wet cold day I have not needed to eat a hot meal tonight, which is one thing I thought I was going to miss.

Shopping bill was huge and I did not go for organic fruit and veg, but everything else was organic. Some things will be staples and last a while like the agave syrup, others I will need to replace very soon, like the nuts. The ginger in the juice seems to keep me warm without having a hot cooked meal. Feel good after drinking it. Not sure if I am supposed to drink the whole lot or if it is 2 servings worth? Find the lemon too full on and the spinaches too bitter.

Wellbeing monitor: feeling good, have energy, hands itching and sore, no afternoon exhaustion.

Other stuff: Meditation in the morning for 20 mins.

Meds: am only took 1 dose of Norflex

Feeling a bit headachey tonight, am going to try and get to sleep early. It is a sort of a hint of a headache, rather than an actually one, but I don't really get them, so I want to avoid it if possible, as I hate them. I think am probably going to suffer a little less than most people because I don't drink caffeine drinks anyway, don't eat gluten based foods and drink a moderate amount of water per day anyway. But I am really missing the most of all my comforter item- hot decaf tea with milk and 2 sugars. SOB!!

Am hoping to do juice tomorrow morning for b'fast, but have a feeling might land up heading desperately for the quinoa to get some substance and chewing action. Day one and I already miss chewing – arghghhg. SOOO looking forward to salmon and veg for lunch tomorrow.

Finished eating at 7am, so can get a clean 12 hours in before food tomorrow. Very happy about that. Another reason to go to bed early to avoid the hunger pangs and missing food yummy food.

Altogether not a bad attempt. I am probably going to make a whole day, which is probably a record for me. I will hopefully be able to go into a little more depth about the detox program tomorrow so you can understand how limited I am feeling in food choices and to fill you in on the large amounts of green juices you need to consume.





1 comment:

  1. Sorry I mean't to say I stopped eating from 7pm. I would probably drop dead on the spot if I had not eaten since 7am this morning, and certainly not a practice I would contemplate or recommend to anyone.

    ReplyDelete